Standing desks are more popular than ever, and for good reason: they offer a variety of health benefits. But if you don’t have the budget to buy a new standing desk, or if you simply want to try out standing desks before making a purchase, there’s no need to worry. You can easily turn any regular desk into a standing desk just by following these simple steps.
It’s a quick and easy process that can be done in minutes.
- Top 5 Best Electric sit-stand desks under $800
- 6 Best Standing desk for laptops: Functional and portable
Here’s how to do it:
1. Measure the height of your desk and find a standing desk converter that is the right height.
It’s not easy as you may think. The height of a standing desk converter is important because it will determine how comfortable you are when you stand. If the converter is too high or too low, you may find yourself struggling to use it correctly. Using the height calculator, you can input your measurements and find the perfect height for your needs.
An example, a tall guy like 6 feet 4 inches, he will be more comfortable with the desk height at about 35 inches. But a shorter guy, like 5 feet 2 inches, can use a desk height that is 28 inches.
2. Place your standing desk converter on your current desk and adjust the height to fit you.
Now that you’ve found the right converter, it’s time to place it on your desk! Be sure to adjust the height of the converter so that it is at the perfect height for you to stand at. You don’t want it to be too high or too low, as this will make using it uncomfortable.
3. Get started standing!
Once you have the converter in place, it’s time to get started standing! Standing desks have been shown to be healthier than sitting all day, so why not give it a try? You may find that you feel more productive and energetic when you stand.
4. Make sure to take breaks!
Standing for long periods of time can be tiring, so make sure to take breaks often. Sitting for a few minutes every hour or so can help relieve any fatigue you may feel.
A research from Utah State University found that people who stand for three hours a day burn about 50 more calories than those who sit all day. So, if you’re looking to lose weight, standing may be the answer for you!
Some people on social channels says that after 30 minutes of standing on the desk, there are calf cramps. So, if you have the same experience, remember to take a break!
5. Enjoy your new standing desk!
Now that you’ve converted your regular desk into a standing desk, enjoy it! Standing desks have many benefits, so be sure to take advantage of them. You may find that you’re more productive and healthier when you stand throughout the day.
Other tips to use your standing desk with more accessories
1. Place your monitor on a box or stack of books so that it’s at eye level when you’re standing up. This will help reduce neck and eye strain.
2. Get a comfortable anti-fatigue mat to place under your desk. This will help reduce fatigue in your feet and legs.
3. Invest in a good computer chair that you can use for when you need to take a break from standing. A good chair will help improve your posture and comfort level. If you don’t know how to find it, here is the list of best office chairs for long hours, highly recommend by Standingdesktopper.
4. Use a stool or phone book to raise your keyboard and mouse to the same height as your monitor.
5. Place your feet flat on the ground, or on a footrest if you need to, and relax your shoulders.
And that’s all it takes! With a little bit of adjustment, you can easily turn any regular desk into a standing desk. Just be sure to listen to your body and take breaks as needed. Enjoy the health benefits of standing desks today!